Wednesday 1 October 2014

Study Task 1

Identify and explain 5 things things that inspire you. 

1. Family especially my brother
- He was the person in my family that went to university.
- He studied graphic design and inspired me to follow his dream.
- Ended up finishing his degree however, had to leave his job to help out my mother financially. 

2. Music
- It's very controversial and is an easy topic started starter. 
- Favourite music is Daft Punk and I can talk about them for hours on end without getting bored.

3. Photography & Street Art
- I love the nature and beauty behind photography
- I love seeing art that is recognised for its beauty rather than the fact that it is expensive and superior to other designers. 

4. Social Media.
- Instagram
- Twitter
- Pinterest 

5. Travelling
- I love meeting new cultures and people. Exploring the difference between England and different countries that I have currently visited.

Identify and Explain 5 reasons why you chose to study on this course.

1. It is an academic and challenging course which pushes you to your limit.
- I knew it would be a difficult course which would involve a lot of patient and co-operation.

2. The success rate in Leeds College of Art is very high and should guarantee us a job in the graphic design market.

3. I love the city Leeds and coming from London I hope to bring the knowledge I learnt there to the course.
- I hope what i've learnt in London can influence people living in Leeds.

4. I hope to develop a style as well as finding myself as a person/graphic designer.
- I would love to have a style that would differentiate me from other graphic designers.

5. I always wanted to do something that would be different and challenging.
- I never liked the idea of working behind closed doors in offices typing away.

Identify and explain 5 things that you think are your strengths. 

1. Creating abstract ideas.

2. Choosing the right colours.

3. Using Illustrator.
- To an extent. I still hope to further my understanding.

4. Time management.
- I am very seldom late and if I am its because I got the timing wrong.

5. I can look after myself well as I live far away from home.  (so far)
- After living with my parents for 19 years, it is a huge step for me to move away from London where I have all my friends and family. I hope to keep safe and balance my social life with my college life.

Identify and explain 5 things that you want to learn during the time on the course. 

1. I want to learn my own style.
- Something that will be unique and potentially controversial.

2. I would like to further my learning into softwares such as Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign.

3. How to approach people without worrying about their view/opinion of me.
- I get very worried about people's opinion of me. I sometimes feel that people might judge me.

4. How to start my own business and how to manage my own money.
- In the future I hope to start my own retail brand and would love to learn how to start it up.

5. I would love to become more independent and stop relying on others to help me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment