Sunday 19 April 2015

Pentagram

My first impression of Pentagram studies is that it is very simple and doesn’t look very graphic design like. The website is basically a set of images that are linked into their work. The front page is very dull and boring in my opinion. However, when you actually click on one of the links it takes you more in depth into their work and their style of work matches their website which is very simple and gentle. They have created projects such as the type and logo design for Guitar Hero as well as well as other graphic design books such as Colour Works. Their work is mixed with emotion; some of their work is fresh, humorous and vibrant whilst their other work is very simple with the use of two colours.

The website in general makes me a bit sad and confused and doesn’t make me want to continue viewing their website. However, their products on the other hand are alive and full of energy. I believe the studio want to communicate that they shouldn’t be judged by their website but by their work. I would like to know why they have chosen to design their website like this instead of making it more interactive and more vibrant like their work. The website however is very simple and therefore it is easy to use and find the relevant work that you are looking for. If I could change one thing about this studio is to change the way the website has been designed because although it is very simple I think it is too simple and should inform the reader what sort of work they do.



No comments:

Post a Comment