Wednesday 22 April 2015

Module Evaluation OUGD402

For my end of module evaluation I think a lot of things went well this brief. I have learnt a lot about myself and who I am as a designer. I am slowly starting to progress as a graphic designer and I am starting to create a personal identity for myself.  I have enjoyed working throughout the whole year on our briefs especially studio brief 02 as it gave me an identity and made me realise who I am. I have enjoyed creating business cards and learning about business cards and how they are suppose to replicate you. I have learnt the importance of a business card and how it is suppose to look for it to be professional looking. I was very satisfied with my final outcome and hope to further my business card(s) so I could potentially give clients my details. 

If I could go back and improve on my year I wish I looked more in depth into artists and how they have become famous for their work. I also wish I had blogged a bit more in general as I feel I could have achieved a lot more and could have benefited from learning about other designers. I wish I looked into artists who are more like myself which use a simplistic but neat approach. In general, I have learnt a lot about designers, studios, logos and many more. 

There are a few things that I found difficult throughout the year. Firstly, I get quite nervous going in front of people and talking about myself. I also do not like complimenting myself because I feel like I might come across arrogant which is something that I would not like to come across as. I also found it difficult to blog because of my time management which I hope to improve by next year. I also found it hard to describe a design studio, logo and a graphic designer. I wish I tried a variation of different business cards because I stuck to one layout. I wish I tried playing around with foiling which I attempted but didn't go down to plan. I also wish I tried playing around with the laser cutter as well as the embossing

To conclude, I believe I could blog a lot more often as well as keeping my time management more under control. I was very satisfied with my final outcome as well as my design boards however, I wish I experimented a little bit more with my business cards as I feel that they have huge potential to do well. From these briefs I have learnt a lot about myself and have learnt to step up in front of people and not be so nervous as I was before the year. I think my lecturers and peers have helped me a lot to gain confidence when I am speaking as well as helping me understand who I am as a graphic designer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment