Tuesday 21 April 2015

Wim Crouwel



Wim Crouwel is a Dutch Graphic designer who believes typography plays more of a role than typography.  He has become a highly influential graphic designer and was one of the partners who influenced a graphic design company called Total Design; this was influenced by the Swiss Style.  He is always using grids to construct his type.  He was even nicknamed Gridnik because of the adherence to the grids used in his design work.  I believe it was his grid work that defined his work as he created a more spatial layout where typography will be moving in every sort of direction. When I see Wim Crouwel’s work I feel that I am part of his work. I also believe that his work was very futuristic and looks like it could have been made in today’s society.  He created strange and deformed posters almost as if they were melting with one another. To conclude I believe that Crouwel wanted to do something different rather than imitate an existing designer.  I like how he uses a grid to structure and layout all of his work. I believe Crouwel is very influential because a lot of his work looks futuristic, simple and unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment