Thursday 17 March 2016

Module Evaluation - OUGD502

For my end of module evaluation I believe this brief was the most engaging, fun and the most beneficial and rewarding. This module was about engaging with the world now that we are graphic designers. John Watters has pushed me very far since my PPP last year and I believe this module has benefited me the most. I wasn’t very confident in myself and my work. This module has taught me to come out of the dark and showcase my work. I wasn’t comfortable to show my work to clients or even to my tutors because I didn’t want to be judged however, I was very wrong. Now that I show my work to tutors I can get more feedback and more critical evaluation.

What I enjoyed the most throughout the module was working as a team and doing the right amount of research to start our own company. Moguh is something that we created as a group. Moguh was very important for me because it drove me further and I really wanted to achieve something from starting our own business. After working collaboratively throughout the module we learnt a lot about ourselves and what we want to achieve together. We have spoken about this and this is something that we aim to revisit in the future. Another factor that I have enjoyed this year was looking more in depth at design studios and designers in general. As you progress from level 4 to level 5 you gain more of an understanding as to why some designers have made it that far and its really inspiration to hear.

Speaking about inspiration, I went to a talk on the 9th March to see designers from ‘JustUsTwo’ and ‘HappyEnding’ which are two very successful design studios. It was amazing to speak to the speakers after and just learn about them and how they relate back to me in certain aspects.  Having speakers come in and speak about themselves is very interesting and very inspiration and this has driven me further. By listening to someone you can relate very easily and it can help you mentally get going.

Last year I was very lazy with PPP and did my designs close to the module hand in. This year PPP felt like less of a chore but something that is enjoyable and fun to look forward to. I believe my work has improved loads since last year as well as my final presentation. My presentation about myself was something that I really wasn’t looking forward to. However, after revising it enough times and speaking to tutors I felt much more comfortable and wasn’t as anxious as I have been in the past. I also timed myself to 8minutes 41 seconds which was within the 7-10minute mark therefore, I am controlling my tempo a lot better than last year which was over 10 minutes. I can see myself slowly moving forward and presenting feeling anxious or nervous inside.  I have on the other hand learnt a lot about myself and who I am as a designer. My self promotion work throughout my presentation shows that I am starting to get a style within design and I hope to use this style with my clients now and in the foreseeable future.

To conclude, I am content with my work and how I have progressed from level 4 to level 5. PPP is a module that I have always enjoyed and can’t really say that I have faltered much on this module. This is a module about yourself and this module has made me learn a lot about myself and the design world that we live in. In the future I hope to experiment more with the printing methods on my business cards as well as exploring more about myself as the year progresses.




No comments:

Post a Comment